Monday 16 April 2012

Why Using The Nike Training App Will Help You Reach Your Fitness Goals

Pin It Now!


Ask anyone what their ultimate beauty desire is and they’ll tell you that it’s to look like a god or a goddess!  At a time when the Olympics draw near, it’s not surprising that many of you are thinking that healthy, sportive bodies are your ultimate goal.

Well let me tell you a secret.  The Nike Training app really is the ultimate app for an athletic body.  I first got introduced to it by a friend who recommended it when I was considering a personal trainer.  As soon as I downloaded it onto my iphone, wow, I was completely blown away by how truly amazing and useful it actually was.  It even worked on my older model iphone 3GS.

When I think of exercise DVDs, I tend to roll my eyes a little bit.  Do you do that too?  I secretly think that they are a waste of time.  There really is nothing like a decent run or a swim (not that I know how to swim), or a good old bashing at the gym with weights for a structured strength training workout.  

But wait till you try this app.  I am usually breaking into a sweat after just a few minutes into it.  This is no DVD where you have some celebrity jumping up and down in a pretty leotard.  This definitely is business.


DREAM NO MORE


Download the app via itunes.  It is free of charge and you’ll soon discover what I’m talking about.  It’s suitable for both male and female, beginner, intermediate or advanced.  You can choose from ‘Get Lean’, ‘Get Toned’ and ‘Get Strong’.  There’s even a selection of workouts ranging from 30 to 45 minutes.  For a quickie, select ‘Focused’ which guides you through specific workouts for butt, arms, legs or abs and takes only 15 minutes to complete.


MY FAVOURITES


I love switching between ‘Get Lean’ and ‘Get Toned’.  Each category has a selection of about 7 different workouts to choose from to ensure that you don’t get bored.  


What I really love about the app is that you can use it in the comfort of your own home.  If you don’t own any dumb bells, then improvise like I have with a couple of heavy cookbooks!  


I am just so thrilled that there finally is an app that is effective, challenging and yet works well alongside my fitness goals.  Better still, I can link my music library to this app so that I can listen to my favourite songs whilst I train.  There really is a personal trainer built into the app with the regular words of encouragement such as ‘push yourself’ bellowed out every now and then!



COMPLETE BEGINNER?


Don’t worry if you are new to exercise.  Like I mentioned above, the Nike app is well suited to a range of fitness levels.  You can also choose the 30 minute workouts and work yourself up to the 45 minute exercise sessions.  


Once you’ve selected a workout, the actual training drills are divided into various 1 and 2 minute movements such as planks, walking lunges, squat jumps, deadlifts and so on.  There's also a timer and a video to demonstrate how each movement should be performed.



OVERALL IMPRESSION


This is a well thought out app by Nike.  I’ve even used it at the gym which is great as it truly does feel like I have my very own personal trainer in my wee phone!  

I am drawn to things that give me independence and this app certainly drives me to achieve my exercise goals at my own speed and level of fitness. 

Don’t make the same mistake like me.  Lots of cardio but not enough of the strength training exercises!  

Cardio is not all that you need to lose weight or tone up!  

It’s essential to incorporate strength training as part of your weekly exercise regime to facilitate lean muscle mass.  Do this at least 2 -3 times a week.

Did you know that as you build lean muscle mass, your metabolic rate speeds up and you start to burn more calories even when you are not exercising?  How fabulous is that? 

So on that note, when are you slotting in a Nike Training workout?

If you are aware of similar apps that work well with alternative smart phones, then please share.  Or if you try this app and you love it as much as I do, then do tell me about it.  I’d love to hear from you.




Please comment below, I really love and read all of your comments!