This is a gorgeous milk, egg, wheat & soy free banana cake with pecans.
100ml orange juice
175g dairy free margarine
200g brown sugar (or use only 150g as this is very sweet)!
1 tsp almond extract
600g mashed ripe bananas
100g pecans, crushed
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
270g wheat & gluten free flour
1. Place the sultanas in a small bowl and immerse in the orange juice. Allow to soak for an hour or overnight for swollen grapes.
2. Preheat your oven to 170 degree celcius.
3. In a separate bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Add mashed bananas, pecan nuts and the almond extract.
4. Next add baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and add the flour in 3 parts, mixing well each time.
5. Pour the mixture into a round baking tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. The cake can be a very moist secondary to all the bananas, so allow to cool completely and take great care when slicing.
I sometimes enjoy this delight for a Sunday morning breakfast cold, with yoghurt, raspberries, sliced banana and a hot cup of tea!