I was initially going to keep this naturally gluten, wheat and soy free recipe to myself, but judging from the excitement on twitter chat this evening, I figured that it would be selfish to not share.
This recipe is not milk free due to the addition of cheese at the final stage prior to baking. You could try using tofu but I am not entirely sure if this will work (only if you are allowed soy in your diet).
This could be a really easy after work recipe for busy mums that even the kids might enjoy!
4 red and yellow capsicums (bell peppers)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 small deep red tomatoes
Handful of basil, roughly shopped
3 medium mushrooms, sliced
230g mixed seafood (mussels, prawns, squid)
1 tube of squid, cleaned and sliced
75g smoked mackerel, torn apart into pieces
Parmesan or mature cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
2. Cut capsicums in half and remove the seeds. Place on an oven tray (I wrapped mine in foil).
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan then add crushed garlic, chopped tomatoes and the basil.
4. Cook for a few minutes, then add mushrooms and all of the seafood.
5. Cook for a further 10 minutes then spoon your mixture into the capsicum halves.
6. Top the capsicum halves with a small sprinkling of Parmesan or Cheddar.
7. Bake in the oven for up to 40-45 minutes or until the capsicums appear cooked.