Happy Halloween my lovely readers! There is nothing healthy about this cake except that it is deadly delicious. No flour is required for this cake, making this naturally wheat and gluten free. It is also milk and soy free but does contain a whopping 5 eggs.
I could have chosen a pumpkin themed baking for you this Halloween season, but I am sure that there are hundreds of gorgeous pumpkin based recipes out there for you to try today. So I've chosen something a little bit different; a flourless death by chocolate cake.
This is inspired from a French recipe and I had so much fun making and eating this! Just as well that I have lots of exercise sessions planned for the week. This cake is incredibly moist on the inside and is quite chocolatey enough, so I skipped the chocolate ganache to save a few calories. If you really really want to, you could prepare the ganache with dark chocolate and greek yoghurt. That could work really nicely. Just remember, you will need to fit in extra exercise sessions to work off this deadly beauty.
I could calculate the nutrition profile of this cake, but really - why spoil the treat? If you plan to have a treat such as this, I say, enjoy every mouthful then move on and hit that treadmill.
Let me know if you try this recipe - it really is absolutely delicious. Remember, it is not egg free.
150g dairy free margarine
5 eggs, separate the yolks and whites
150g ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease a round baking tray (measuring 22cm).
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and margarine over a very low heat. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until you have a creamy mixture. Add the chocolate and margarine mixture and mix in the ground almonds.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until you have soft peaks. Mix the egg white mixture into the cake batter.
- Pour into the greased oven tin and bake for approximately 55 minutes.
- Once baked, allow to cool for at least 15 minutes in the tin, before removing from the tin to cool further.
Enjoy this gorgeous treat with yoghurt and strawberries.
Happy Halloween lovely readers! What plans have you got planned for the evening?
If you enjoyed this post, please do not hesitate to SHARE with a TWEET or a LIKE on facebook. Thank you very much for your support.